Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your pet peeves with denim? What turns you off?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are your pet peeves with denim? What turns you off?

I was inspired by another member to create this topic, but what are your pet peeves with denim? When you see jeans on something, what's a turn off about them?

My answer would be really ill fitting jeans, that are so baggy or sagging in the butt, I don't like that. I also don't like washes on jeans that are really badly done and look nothing like a pair of jeans should. I've seen dark blue jeans with actual bleach used on faded areas, in areas that would never fade. It's not good to look at.

Your go!

Dungarees/overalls or whatever name they go by. I'm not falling for the added shape or style below the waistline in an attempt to make this style somehow edgier, it's too close to the double denim danger zone for my liking. Breaking it in two with a big belt doesnt work either.

If the painter/decorator look is your thing, then you nailed it, otherwise they look really ugly in my opinion.

I almost want to hand the wearer a pair of scissors and tell them they could have a cool waistcoat AND a cool pair of jeans that they can wear SEPARATELY lol.

Next !

Comment

Originally posted by Lorna View Post
      I was inspired by another member to create this topic, but what are your pet peeves with denim? When you see jeans on something, what's a turn off about them?

My answer would be really ill fitting jeans, that are so baggy or sagging in the butt, I don't like that. I also don't like washes on jeans that are really badly done and look nothing like a pair of jeans should. I've seen dark blue jeans with actual bleach used on faded areas, in areas that would never fade. It's not good to look at.

Your go!
      Oh, bad washes !! Yes, so very wrong.

Comment

I don't know whether to open the Pandoras Box that is

jeggings ..........

Comment

Socks. It bums me out when I get to work and I see I picked the wrong socks to go with the denim I have on. I wish there were more choices to match. today i match!
          Last edited by paulkli; 07-12-2017, 04:46 PM.

Comment

I hate seeing sagging jeans, or Ill fitted.

Comment

Working...
            X